For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”), the data controller is Heather Revitt partner of Thacker and Revitt.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. About Thacker and Revitt
Thacker and Revitt Sales and Letting Agents, 478 Ashley Road, Parkstone, Poole, Dorset BH14 0AD. We do not trade and have no interest outside the UK, except in the rare event that a purchaser or vendor, or landlord, is resident overseas. Our website is www.thackerandrevitt.co.uk. Our ICO reference number for Data Protection purposes is Z9313469.
Martin Thacker and Heather Revitt, The Partners of the Firm are committed to ensuring that the principles of GDPR are adhered to; that the rights of individuals under GDPR are appropriately protected; and that privacy by default and design is at the heart of our approach to data protection.
2. Information we may collect from you.
In our business as Sales and Lettings Agents, we may collect personal information from a range of subjects including, but not limited to:
- property vendors and landlords – prospective, current and past
- property purchasers and tenants – potential, current and past
- owners and occupiers of property managed by us
- users of our professional services – potential, current and past
- people who we believe may be interested in our services, or who have expressed an interest in receiving our marketing material.
In respect of each subject class above, we may gather and hold the following personal information:
- personal identifiers such as name, address, phone, email
- preferences with regards to property to buy or to let, or other areas of interest
- financial and other personal information required for the purposes of effecting a sale, purchase or tenancy, or completing a professional task such as an application or valuation
- some electronic data such as your IP address (your computer’s internet identity) and other details of visits to www.thackerandrevitt.co.uk. This data is not used by us, or any third party, to identify an individual
We do not specifically process special category data such as nationality, sexuality, belief etc, nor do we collect more than very limited personal data about children.
We may collect or hold data from the following sources:
- our Website, if you complete a form registering your interest in receiving further information
- property portals to which we subscribe such as Rightmove, Zoopla and On The Market, where you have completed a request for further information
- registration of your interest in our services in person, in writing, by email or on the phone
- gathered in the natural course of a transaction or ongoing professional service, where that data is relevant to performance of the contract, or legally required
- from our current databases of past and present clients, who have given permission for us to hold their information for particular detailed purposes, and also for whom we have a lawful reason for holding the data.
3. How we may use this information - And the legal basis for doing so
We may process this information for the following purposes:
- For the performance of a contract – whether a sale or purchase, tenancy, property management or professional service – for the instigation and duration of that contract. We may hold all or part of that information for an indefinite period thereafter unless you ask us to delete it.
- For the legitimate interests of ourselves and others in providing information to referencing companies, the HMRC, debt collection agencies, insurers and the like, for 6 years after the expiry of the original purpose.
- For the fulfilment of a request by you, via our Website or other means, to provide details of suitable properties to buy or rent; or other professional services. We will continue to supply you with such details until you ask us to stop. We have assessed that we have a legitimate interest in providing you with related information that we believe may be of interest or helpful to you in relation to your request. We will process your data until you ask us to stop.
- For the fulfilment of a legal or regulatory duty, for as long as that obligation continues.
- For the provision of marketing information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you, if you have agreed to receive this information. We will not supply this data to third parties, except solely to effect delivery of the material, and will unsubscribe you immediately on request.
- Other marketing information for which we may request your specific consent, having advised you of the purpose and relevant retention period.
We, or third-party processors, may use limited automated decision-making for the following purposes: referencing or money-laundering checks, which are necessary for legal or contractual purposes. We ensure that there is human intervention to refine the automated results where necessary, and allow you to challenge the results or the data input to reach the decision.
4. Sharing your personal data
We may share your data with third parties, either directly or in passing, for the following purposes:
a. To help us in the fulfilment of a contract or service to you, including our current providers of the following services:
- EPC and brochure production
- Sign board erection
- Utility switching
- Money-laundering checking
- Property repairs and safety checks
- Solicitors, conveyancers and professional advisors
- The other party to a contract, or the lender, in the case of a survey or valuation
- Fixflo a data processor, for the purpose of protecting the landlords legitimate interest in maintaining its proprties.
b. To assist us in the running of our own business, including our current providers of the following services:
- Estate agency and property management software, including applications to look up postcodes, esign documents etc.
- Accounts and payment processing software
- Website and IT services
c. With your permission, to a financial services provider
d. As required to authorities or regulators, including:
- HMRC and FCA
- ARLA, NAEA
- Enforcement agencies
e. After assessment, to meet the legitimate interests of others in referencing, debt-collection, managing insurance claims and the like.
We do not sell data to third parties.
5. Security of your data
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data.
6. Our Website
Specific personal data, such as your IP address, is collected on our Website, and we may also transfer pieces of information known as Cookies to your computer or device. You may access other websites from our website.
7. Your rights in respect of your data
GDPR clarifies a number of rights for data subjects, which are summarised below:
- Right to be informed – we should tell you what data we hold and what we do with it
- Right of access to your data – to know what data we hold on you
- Right to rectification and erasure – if you would like us to correct an inaccuracy or, where legally possible, to delete or anonymise your data
- Right to restrict processing or object to our processing data
- Right to portability of data – so that you can see and use the data for your own purposes
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you should contact us as set out below.
8. Updates to our privacy policies
We may update our policies from time to time if operational needs or legislation requires amendment. New versions of the policies will be published on our website or available on request, but will not otherwise be notified.
9. Contact us
It is our intention that we should adopt best practice to comply with the complicated and developing requirements of GDPR. However it may be that we have not interpreted the guidelines, or put them in practice, as we should. If that is the case, we would prefer that you address any concerns in the first instance to us and we will do our best to deal with the issue to your satisfaction in the appropriate timeframe. Please either email, write or phone us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Thacker and Revitt 478 Ashley Road, Parkstone, Poole, BH14 0AD – 01202 748999
Should you have any queries about our policies, or wish to exercise any rights conferred under GDPR, please email email@example.com or write to The ICO (Information Commissioners Office). There is a lot of relevant information on the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk, including the ability to report a concern directly to them, should you wish to do so
Get in touch
Call us on 01202 748999 or send us a message...